Little Big Minds Profile
We teach students to:
• Be intellectually curious. We believe this is the ultimate success measure – not a grade or result.
• Build confidence. We build confidence by encouraging our students to rely on logic and reasoning, not just a method or formula.
• Comprehend the question. We assist our children in identifying precisely which aspects of the question they understand and which they don’t. This is just as important as getting a correct answer.
• Communicate effectively. Everyone thinks differently. Everyone learns differently. Explaining your thoughts clearly and simply is a necessary life skill we help develop.
• Learn to learn. We guide our children to develop their own learning strategy and motivate them to become life long learners.
1. Crunch n Sip – kids enjoy a healthy snack brought from home to fuel those big minds.
2. Icebreakers and warm ups.
3. Solve NAPLAN style numeracy and logic questions as a group using a hands-on approach. No time limits, no exams, no pressure. We provide the question, props, and visual aids to get those little big minds fuelling. All in a safe and collaborative environment.
4. Kiddies then pair up and present their solutions back to the rest of the group.
More about the Teachers
Tutoring since 2007 (K-12 & Tertiary)
Bachelor of Mathematics Hons & Finance 2011
Published Author of “Hedging Instruments for Green Power”
Tutoring since 2008 (K-12)
Bachelor of Mathematics & Finance 2011
We met studying mathematics at the University of Technology, Sydney. Here we formed a close friendship and found ourselves thriving off each other’s ideas. While a combined 15 years of corporate experience have proved to be fulfilling, it is our shared passion and energy for education that has led us to chase our dream. Our aspiration is not just to teach but rather, to empower students to be life long learners.
Check out Talia’s STEM feature article on pages 16 and 17 of the Careers with Maths magazine, published and distributed to every high school in the country:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Fee Agreement and Pilot session
- Non-refundable fees for the entire term will be invoiced by KEEN up front.
- Pilot lesson will be offered free of charge with the option to withdraw at no cost if you do not wish to continue with the program.
- During term, absence (due to sickness or otherwise) will not be refunded.
- If your child will be absent on a given afternoon, please notify us as early as possible.
- Only specified persons (as per enrolment form) where photo ID has been provided have authorisation to collect your child. Any change to this information needs to be communicated to us as early as possible. Please send photo identification of additional authorised persons via text by 4pm on a given afternoon.
- If you know you will be running late to pick up your child, please be sure to notify us via phone or text as soon as possible.
- Though we exercise discretion on a case-by-case basis, repeated late collection of children can incur penalty fees. Enforced penalties will be charged at $2 per minute after 4:30pm with a minimum $20 charge. We recommend arriving for pick-ups at 4:25pm to allow some buffer time.
- If your child attends OOSHC, please advise them that your child is attending our program during the specified time and day.
We will collect the child from OOSHC at 3.00pm.
We will sign the child into OOSHC at 4:30pm.
- We reserve the right to cancel an enrolment if a student is found to be disruptive. In this instance, term fees will be refunded on a pro rata basis.
- We assume all relevant health and medical information provided on the enrolment form is complete and correct for us to exercise our full duty of care.
- Should your child need to visit the bathroom during a session, we will accompany them to the toilet block.