Mandarin Stars Profile
Children have an incredible ability to learn a second language at an early age and this becomes even easier when they are having fun. Mandarin Stars provides immensely enjoyable Mandarin classes enabling children to explore Mandarin and Chinese culture in an interactive setting.
All of our Mandarin classes are set in an immersion style environment and offer:
• Language building activities incorporating role play, music, movement, puzzles, games and the celebration of Chinese festivals
• The discovery of Chinese folklore, art, painting and even Kung-Fu!
• An introduction and the teaching of reading and writing Chinese characters and Pinyin (the spelling/sound system for Standard Mandarin).
- TEFL, BA Hons, French with Business Studies, Queen Mary & Westfield College, The University of London
- Asia Education Foundation Ambassador
WWC number: 0274379E
The Teachers are all:
- Member of The Australian Tutoring Association
- Member of The Chinese Language Teacher’s Association NSW
“Josie started at Mandarin Stars (MS) since she was in the middle of kindergarten. She enjoys the class because it is fun which makes learning a bliss. At the same time, progressing gradually with noticeable achievement. She is now in the beginner native speaker class although she is a non native speaker. We hope that she will continue and develop more serious interest to learn and master Mandarin and MS has provided a right foundation to start with. Every parent must equip their child/children with life skills. Mastering another language is always a big plus and Mandarin is a strategic choice. MS has made that possible for all with its proven fun approach to learning.”
Henry and Susy (Parents to Josie) – 21st September 2013
“We are in China right now and it is great to know that Scott can have some conversation with the local Children. He also knows some of the Chinese characters from Children’s books. The lessons with Mandarin Stars are a great help for him. It is both fun and educational. He always loves to go to the lesson each week. Vincent and your team put lots of effort and thinking into the program and as parents we are greatly appreciated.”
Wendy (Mum to Scott) – 18th September 2013
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Cancellation & Refunds
- Please note that Mandarin Stars does not accept responsibility for participants’ non attendance of classes due to illness, changes in personal circumstances or other commitments during the term. While we will try our best to accommodate make up classes, credit will not be issued for classes not attended. Please make your enrolment decisions carefully.
- If an individual class is cancelled due to instructor illness, emergency situations or a venue problem, we will encourage participants to take a make-up class. If this is not suitable for the participant, a credit or refund for that session will be offered.
Make Up Class Policy
- If your child is unable to attend a class, make up classes may be available if we have had prior warning of non attendance and there are places available. Make up classes do not carry over to the next term. We cannot guarantee there will be availability in all classes for a make up class. No credits are available for missed classes.
- We only take bookings for an entire term and our fees are structured this way. Unfortunately we cannot take casual bookings or pro-rata weeks you may be away. Please refer to our make up class policy for missed classes. All fees must be paid for prior to commencing the term. If you have difficulty paying the fees please discuss this with the Mandarin Stars administration as payment plans can be arranged in special circumstances.
- Mandarin Stars reserves the right to cancel/recommend deferring an enrolment at anytime. In this case, a refund for any remaining classes that have already been prepaid will be provided.
Mandarin Stars Courtesy Rules
Our goal is to ensure a rich immersion based Mandarin Chinese learning environment for your child that is safe, peaceful, comfortable and supportive of our program. Therefore, we would like to ask that parents and students adhere to our Courtesy Rules as follows:
- Please respect that Mandarin Stars is strictly a nut-free zone.
- Please remember to bring a water bottle to each class.
- If your child is sick, please do not bring him/her to classes as you not only risk infecting other children, but also our staff, parents and carers.