Paper Bat Studios Profile
This program is developed from the belief that all children should have access to a balanced and creative education. It offers children the time to work with their hands, explore their imaginations and develop life-long skills in making and creative thinking. Students of all abilities are welcome and encouraged to attend the program.
Felicity Williams has a BA in Visual Arts and a Graduate Certificate in Arts Administration. She worked for many years in art departments for film, television and theatre productions, making sets, props and costumes and working as a scenic painter. After taking time to have children, she recently returned to study where she discovered her true passion lay within arts education for children.
Felicity has been aiding and overseeing art lessons at primary and preschool level and recently worked as an intern at Campbelltown Arts Centre where she was invited to run a workshop at their Fisher Kids Arts Festival. She is excited to also be working this year as a volunteer in audience engagement at the MCA. Felicity started Paper Bat Studios in 2017.
General InformationPAPER BAT STUDIOS workshops engage children’s creativity and imaginations in a friendly, safe and encouraging environment. We aim to inspire and educate your child in making and creating. At times, we look at other artists and crafts-people, discussing their influences and the way they work. In doing so, we learn to develop our own ideas, visual communication skills, problem solving and creative thinking.
- All students are asked to bring an A4 spiral bound visual diary in the first paid week to keep notes, workings and ideas in. These will be available for your child to take home on completion of each term. Other finished works will be sent home throughout the term.
- At the start of each class, children will sit down for a healthy snack we provide. Please advise if your child has any allergies and ensure they have their own water bottle.
- At times, we may get a bit messy. Aprons will be provided in class as required.
- Children may use materials such as sewing needles and a hot glue gun. Please be aware that while all care is taken and caution given, the occasional accident may occur.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You will be invoiced by KEEN for the entire terms lessons on a term-by-term basis. Non-attendance due to sickness unfortunately cannot be refunded.
- An enrolment form must be completed for each child to advise of any medical or health conditions, and to authorise who may collect your child. Please ensure photo permission and allergy information is noted on the enrolment form.
- Classes will run in Term 1, 2018 on Thursday afternoons from 3pm to 4:30pm.
3.1 The lesson strictly finishes at 4:30pm. Parent/guardian/authorised carer will be required to sign child out. Please ensure you notify Felicity on
0410 333 758 if you are late for pick-up. Please be aware that any repeated late collection of your child will incur a late collection penalty fee.
3.2 If your child is not attending (ie: is sick or away), please notify Felicity via text by 2:00pm on the day of the lesson.
3.3 Only authorised persons can sign your child out of PAPER BAT STUDIOS workshops. Any change to this must be advised via text prior to 4pm on the day of the lesson.
3.4 If the child is attending OOSHC or TASK after PAPER BAT STUDIOS workshops, arrangements will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- PAPER BAT STUDIOS reserve the right to cancel an enrolment if a student is disruptive and any fees will be refunded on a pro-rata basis.