Play allows children to use their creativity while developing their imagination, dexterity, physical, cognitive, and emotional strength. Play is important to healthy brain development. It is through play that children at a very early age engage and interact in the world around them.
PIEX fosters knowledge, skills and capacities and develops integrated strategies towards critical and creative thinking.
At PIEX, we foster the next generation of lifelong learners who are knowledgeable, have strength of character, sense of community and drive to impact the contemporary world.
We encourage children to persevere through challenges that extend beyond their normal capabilities and meet uncertainty with confidence, curiosity, and excitement to try new things.
Liling is a founder of PIEX. She has spent several years learning and experiencing how it is like to be an entrepreneur in the start-up and venture capital arena. During this time she also joined and volunteered several community education organisations such as Code Camp. During this time she realised that for children to succeed in the 21st century, they need more than technical skills, and that the focus on children education should be on helping them to enjoy and be lifelong learners. Helping the children to learn to learn will ultimately set them up for a future we can’t yet predict.
Jessica Nguyen - completed Bachelor of Primary School Teaching
Jessica Tsering - currently pursuing Bachelor of Law and Science
Ivan Lou - currently pursuing Bachelor of Secondary School Teaching
Terms and Conditions
- Enrolment is only confirmed once payment has been received
- No refund will be given on non-attendance. Students can attend equivalent replacement class if there are vacancies
- Children are not to use personal electronic devices during the program including ipads (unless part of course requirements), phones (except for emergency). They may leave them in their bags.
- Children must wear closed shoes in the centre at all times
- Children must not leave the rooms without teacher supervision
- If you authorise an alternate person to pick up your child, please provide their name and contact via email
- PIEX has strict rules for the collection of children. All children are required to be collected by 4:30 PM. If a parent is running late, please contact the senior coach immediately with an estimated time of arrival. Penalties for being late incur a $50 fine for every 15 minutes over time
- The parent/guardian will not hold PIEX its staff or volunteers responsible for any loss of property and/or accidents.