Simon B's Guitar Profile
All levels welcome from the beginner to the next Jimi Hendrix.
Depending on the experience of the group, I ensure we start students with basic chord theory and use some simple songs (three chord songs usually) with a view to encouraging them to learn and play their own chosen songs. Think of it as the “campfire songs” approach whereby the kids get to play songs that they recognise and hopefully go home saying “Hey mum/dad/pop etc, Look what I learnt today!” Their musical education will hopefully be enjoyable whilst leading to a greater appreciation around the process of playing with others.
Simon B`s Guitars offers a relaxed environment for your child to learn with peers. It is a place for kids to develop their relationship with music and pick up skills that will then stay with them for life. Whilst playing and learning essential theory, a child should be more comfortable continuing their musical pursuits after having had some time in a less structured tuition process.
The program will be lead and executed by Simon Burge. Simon is a professional level musician who has been playing gigs in Sydney for the last two decades and more recently has been running guitar classes at Annandale North Public School for the kindy to Year 2 age group.
With primary school age children himself, Simon has created a hands on fun program which helps students develop their own playing whilst becoming accustomed to the needs of playing with others.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You will be invoiced by KEEN for the entire terms lessons on a term-by-term basis. Nonattendance due to sickness cannot be refunded.
- An enrolment form must be completed for each child to advise of any medical/health conditions and any persons authorised to collect your child. Please ensure photo permission is given/declined on the enrolment form.
- Classes will run in Term 1 2018 on Wednesday afternoon from 3 pm to 4.30 pm. Beginning Week 2 Term 1
- The lesson finishes strictly at 4.30pm. Parent/guardian/authorised carer will be required to sign child out. Please ensure you notify Simon on 0409 256 128 if you are late for pick-up. Please understand any repeated late collection of children may incur late collection penalty fees.
- If your child is not attending, (i.e. sick or away), please notify Simon via text by 2:30pm on the day of the lesson.
- Only authorised persons can sign your child out of Simon B`s Guitars classes. Any change to this needs it to be sent via text prior to 4pm on the day of the lesson.
- If the child is attending Anooshka after the Simon B`s Guitars class arrangements will be made with Anooshka on a case-by-case basis.