Wellness for Kids Profile
Wellness for Kids is a fun and engaging way to help promote your child’s health and wellbeing. We aim to help kids better connect to themselves and their surroundings to improve overall wellbeing including reduced anxiety, distress, reactivity and worry. Wellbeing classes can provide lasting positive effects into adulthood and can really improve sleep, self esteem, confidence and self-regulation.
- All children will be provided with a journal at the start of term to record observations and experiences. These will be kept on site and sent home on completion of each term.
- At the start of each class children will sit down for a fruit snack and a drink, please ensure they have a water bottle.
- Children will be active, please provide comfortable clothing to wear over/under their school uniform, eg tights.
- Wet weather will not impact any classes.
- Children will be encouraged to try new yoga poses, however each child will be told the importance of listening to their own body and if anything does not feel comfortable they should stop the pose immediately.
- In the event of minor incidents, a qualified first aid officer using the on-site first aid kit will implement basic first aid.
- In the event of a major incident, strict emergency procedures will be followed in accordance with our policy documentation, which is available on request. Parents will be contacted ASAP and an incident report form will be completed.
Wellness for Kids looks forward to having your child in our classes!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for enrolling your child in one of our Wellness for Kids programs. Please read through and agree to the following:
- You will be invoiced for the entire terms lessons by KEEN on a term by term basis.
- Classes will run at the advertised day every week of the school term from either 8.00am – 8.45am or 3.00pm to 4.30pm.
- The afternoon class finishes strictly at 4.30pm as this is the time the school allows us to use the space. Please understand any repeated late collection of children may incur late collection penalty fees.
- You will be asked to provide details of two authorised people who will be collecting your child throughout the term. Only these two authorised people will be able to sign your child out of Well Street classes. If you need to change this please advise us in writing prior to 3.00pm on the day of the class.
- There is a sign in and out procedure with After Care Providers as follows:
- Parents must advise their After Care Providers that their child is attending our class;
- Wellness for Kids will collect children from After Care Providers at 3pm.
- After class concludes, the child is signed back into the After Care Providers.
- From time to time we may take photographs or quote comments from children in class. Please advise us in writing if you do NOT wish for your child to be photographed, quoted etc.
- Wellness for Kids reserves the right to cancel an enrolment if a student is disruptive. If an enrolment is cancelled any fees paid will be refunded on a pro-rata basis.
- Wellness for Kids will request the parent/carer and/or the school to inform us of any absences by 2pm on the day of the class.
- Wellness for Kids will request the parent/carer and/or the school to advise us and provide information (eg. Medical care plan) regarding allergies, medical condition, etc., for any child in our class so we can exercise full duty of care.